Supply chain risk handbook published
Research and Markets
has added John Wiley and Sons’ Handbook of Integrated Risk Management in Global Supply Chains
to its offering.
The book aims to be a primary reference for research on integrated risk management, modern applications, and management best practices.
“The set of the normal business risks is expanded as firms are now often facing unfamiliar and uncertain demand and supply markets, and unanticipated commodity price shocks and currency exchange rate fluctuations,” the handbook said. “Although the existence of risk is not news to the business world (i. e., companies have long been buying insurances to protect them against certain risks) the development of advanced risk management tools did not start until the advancement of economic theory and information technology less than three decades ago, and its progress varies by industry.”
The handbook is built into five parts:
- Foundations and overview - looks at management and the impact of supply chain disruption on performance.
- Integrated risk management - explores the joint use of operational and financial hedging related to commodity price uncertainties.
- Supply chain finance - discusses financing alternatives and financial services in contracts and inventory management.
- Operational risk management strategies - outlines supply risks and challenges in decentralized supply chains.
- Industrial applications - gives examples and case studies around noted methodologies.
More information on the book can be found here
We’ll send it to you!
Register now and get the free AS Daily.