SeaLand names new executive team
SeaLand, the newly founded intra-Americas regional carrier of Maersk Group, said it has appointed the following executives to lead the company under Craig Mygatt, who was named earlier this year as chief executive officer of the new unit.
The appointees will join the company within the next couple of months.
- Alfredo Di Palma will join SeaLand as chief commercial officer in charge of all commercial efforts for the company. He is currently commercial manager in charge of Central America countries for Maersk Line.
- Maria Batista will be head of customer service. She has more than 20 years of experience with Maersk Line and Safmarine, including postings in Miami, Costa Rica, Toronto, Charleston and Charlotte.
- Shane Sawyer has been appointed as chief finance officer. He currently leads regional business performance for Maersk Line in West and Central Asia, and brings 12 years of experience with Maersk Line, including roles in Dubai, Malaysia, Singapore, Honduras, Panama and Costa Rica.
- Thiago Covre will join the team as chief liner officer. He most recently served as Maersk Line’s line manager for East Coast South America to Europe.
- Timothy Child will be responsible for overall operations as chief operations officer. He is a 25-year Maersk Line veteran in areas such as trade management, capacity management, and external and inside sales.
SeaLand is the subject of a story, "New Life for Old Name
," in the April issue of American Shipper
We’ll send it to you!
Register now and get the free AS Daily.