Foxx names new members to maritime advisory panel
U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx on Friday appointed 10 new members to the Marine Transportation System National Advisory Council.
Established in 2010, MTSNAC is comprised of 29 leaders from commercial transportation firms, trade associations, state and local public entities, labor organizations, and academic and environmental groups that advise the secretary on policies to ensure that the U.S. Marine Transportation System is capable of responding to projected trade increases.
Council members serve two-year terms.
The new members are:
- Betty Sutton, administrator, Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation, Washington, D.C.
- William Cook, director, worldwide logistics and customs, Chrysler Group, LLC, Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Wayne Darbeau, president and chief executive officer, San Diego United Port District, San Diego, Calif.
- Gary Lee Moore, interim executive director, Port of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Captain Lynn Korwatch, executive director, Marine Exchange of the San Francisco Bay Region, San Francisco, Calif.
- Charles Fabrikant, executive chairman, SEACOR Holdings, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Kevin Schoeben, deputy director, Office of Planning and Programming, Illinois Department of Transportation, Springfield, Ill.
- William Friedman, president and chief executive officer, Cleveland-Cuyahoga County Port Authority, Cleveland, Ohio
- Gary Love, vice president for sales and marketing at FAPS, Inc., Port Newark, N.J.
- Richard Berkowitz, director of Pacific Coast operations, Transportation Institute, Seattle, Wash.
We’ll send it to you!
Sign up for the free AS Daily Newsletter.