CMA CGM raising rates ex-Asia, Mideast
The liner carrier CMA CGM said Wednesday it plans to raise rates in April on a number of trades from Asia and the Middle East.
From the April 1, the proposed increases are:
- From the Middle East and India to East Africa on the line’s SWAX service, $200 per TEU.
- From the Middle East and India to West Africa on its MIDAS service, $100 per TEU.
- From Asia to South Africa, $300 per TEU.
From April 15, the increases are:
- From Asia to New Zealand on the ANZEX service, $300 per TEU dry and refrigerated.
- From Asia to West Coast South America, West Coast Central America and Mexico, $500 per TEU.
- From Asia to the Caribbean, $560 per 20-foot container and $800 per 40-foot container.
- From Asia to East Coast South America, $500 per TEU.
CMA CGM also said it will implement three surcharges on the eastbound trade from Northern Europe to Asia from April 15: a container security fee of $10 per container; a Suez Canal surcharge of $14 per TEU; and an Aden Gulf surcharge of $54 per TEU.
We’ll send it to you!
Sign up for the free AS Daily Newsletter.