CMA CGM completes partial sale of Terminal Link
China Merchants Holdings (International) Co. Ltd. (CMHI) today completed its purchase of a 49-percent equity stake in CMA CGM's Terminal Link business for 400 million euros ($530 million).
The deal was originally announced in January.
Terminal Link owns 15 container terminals in eight countries:
- Container Handling Zeebrugge at Zeebrugge (Belgium).
- Antwerp Gateway at Antwerp (Belgium).
- Terminal des Flandres at Dunkirk (France).
- Terminal de France at Le Havre (France).
- Terminal Nord, also at Le Havre (France).
- Terminal du Grand Ouest at Montoir (France).
- Eurofos at Fos (France).
- Somaport at Casablanca (Morocco).
- Eurogate Tanger at Tangiers (Morocco).
- Malta Freeport Terminal at Marsaxlokk (Malta).
- Terra Abidjan at Abidjan (Ivory Coast).
- Houston Terminal Link Texas at Houston (United States).
- South Florida Container Terminal at Miami (United States).
- Busan New Container Terminal at Busan (South Korea).
- Haicang Xinhaida Container Terminal at Xiamen (China).
Farid Salem, CMA CGM’s executive officer, said the French liner carrier "is very pleased to enter a new strategic partnership with CMHI which will allow us to join our complementary forces to operate and further develop in Terminals investments.” - Chris Dupin
We’ll send it to you!
Sign up for the free AS Daily Newsletter.